Coconut flour is high in fiber and protein, and since it’s grain-free, it’s also an excellent option for those following a Paleo diet or who cannot have gluten. So you need to try these Soft and chewy Paleo Cocoa cookies with Coconut Flour. Low carb, healthy, and packed with protein. Made with coconut flour, peanut butter or almond butter, chocolate, cocoa, and NO refined sugar! This recipe is Paleo, gluten-free, and vegan-friendly too!
Cocoa Cookies with Coconut Flour, Peanut Butter, and Chocolate – Recipe
The way of preparations – easy
- Prep time – 15 minutes
- Cooking time – 7 – 10 minutes
Yields – 16 cookies
- 1/2 cup peanut butter OR almond butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (Paleo options) or 1/2 cup Swerve (Low-carb options)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup chopped sugar-free dark chocolate or chocolate chips
Instructions on how to make Cocoa Cookies with Coconut Flour, and Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the peanut butter, coconut oil, and coconut sugar OR Swerve, in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade.
- Process until smooth.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and process again until evenly combined.
- Sprinkle the baking soda, cinnamon, cocoa powder, and salt over the top.
- Sprinkle in the coconut flour.
- Process again until the mixture forms a smooth dough, stopping to scrape down the ball once or twice as needed.
- Using a spoon or spatula, gently fold in the chocolate chips.
- With a small cookie scoop or spoon, portion the dough by heaping tablespoons onto the prepared cookie sheet.
- With your fingers, lightly flatten the dough, as it will not spread during baking.
- Bake for 7 minutes or until the cookies turn barely golden brown at the edges and feel lightly dry.
- Let cool on the baking sheet for 3 minutes, and then transfer the cookies to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Repeat with the remaining dough.
Nutritional Informations (amount per serving)
- Serving size – 1 cookie
- Calories – 148 Calories
- Total Fat- 9g (Saturated Fat: 4g)
- Carbohydrates – 15g (Fiber: 3g Sugar: 10g)
- Protein – 3g
- Cholesterol 24mg
- Calories – 123
- Total Fat – 10 g (Saturated Fat 5 g)
- Total Carbs – 6 g (Fiber 2 g )
- Protein – 4 g
- Cholesterol 23 mg