Just a few ingredients transform classic Snowballs into Pineapple Snowballs for a new twist. With fresh pineapple juice and fresh lemon zest, these Snowballs are sweet and tart and bursting with delightful flavor.
Pineapple Snowballs Cookies – Recipe
The way of preparation – easy
- Prep time – 20 minutes
- Cooking time – 1 hour
Yields – 36 cookies
- 1 cup ghee
- 2 cups powdered sugar divided
- 2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 tbsp. fresh pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup pineapple (grated)
Instructions on how to make pineapple snowballs cookies
- Preheat oven to 325 F
- In a large mixing bowl, beat ghee, 1/2 c. powdered sugar, flour, vanilla, 1/2 the lemon zest, and pineapple juice, until mixture, is well-combined.
- Place a piece of the dough between two pieces of baking paper.
- Roll out.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 20-22 minutes, or until they appear set.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together remaining lemon zest and remaining powdered sugar.
- Immediately from the oven, carefully (they’re fragile when hot, and they break easily) roll the cookies in powdered sugar.
- Move to wire racks to cool completely.