Macarons are one of those cookies that takes a lot of practice. This keto mocha recipe can make it even more difficult to master this adorable cookie.
Keto Mocha-Espresso Macarons – Recipe
The way of preparation – medium
- Prep time – 1 hour
- Cooking time – 40 minutes
Yields – 10 servings
- 3 1/3 cups ground almond flour
- 2 cups powdered Swerve
- 2 tablespoons espresso powder
- 7 egg whites
- 1 cup granulated Swerve
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon erythritol
- pinch of salt
Instructions on how to make Keto Mocha-Espresso Macarons
- Put the almond powder, powdered sugar substitute, and espresso powder in the stand mixer.
- Beat 6 egg whites in one bowl with a pinch of salt.
- Beat the lone egg white in a separate bowl.
- When the whites are stiff, add in a cup of granulated xylitol at a time.
- Mix well.
- When that’s all mixed, fold in the almond powder mixture, a quarter at a time.
- Mix together.
- When everything is mixed together, add the one egg white that has been beaten. It will liquify the batter just enough.
- Line 3-4 baking sheets with parchment paper
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Pipe small circles onto each sheet.
- Bang the sheets on the table so the macarons flatten.
- Bake each sheet 11-15 minutes.
- Pour a tiny bit of water under the parchment paper to steam the macarons so they lift off easily.
- Melt the butter in a small pan and let it cook until golden brown. This will give the caramel a deeper flavor.
- Pour in heavy cream and stir until combined.
- Lower the heat and simmer for a minute.
- Add in sweetener.
- Let that dissolve for a minute.
- Add a pinch of salt.
- Let it cook until you see it getting thicker and stickier.
- Pour the caramel into a container, preferably glass, and continue to stir while it cools.
- Put a large teaspoon of caramel filling on the bottom of a macaron, and close the “sandwich” with another macaron bottom.
- Put in the fridge for a while.
- Serve and enjoy.
Nutritional Informations (amount per serving)
- Calories – 104
- Fat -9g
- Protein – 5g
- Total Carbs – 1g
- 1g Net Carbs