You will adore these No-Bake Paleo Friendly Turtle Cookies. Gooey caramel, rich chocolate, and pecans. The best part of this recipe is that there is no baking required!
These cookies are vegan, gluten-free and paleo friendly. Plus, you only need a few simple ingredients to make them!
No-Bake Paleo Friendly Turtle Cookies – Recipe
The way of preparation – easy
- Total time – 30 minutes
Yields – 15 cookies
For the cookie
- 2 cups raw pecans
- 8 dates pits removed
- 2-3 tablespoon coconut milk or water
For the caramel
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons almond butter (or nut butter of choice)
Instructions on how to make Paleo Friendly Turtles Cookies
- In a food processor, add the dates and pecans. Pulse until you get a coarse consistency.
- Slowly, 1 tablespoon at a time, add coconut milk or water until the dough starts to clump together.
- Roll mixture into balls
- Roll each ball into the milled nuts
- Place them on a lined baking sheet.
- Flatten each one with your palm, and then use your thumb to make an indentation in the middle of each cookie.
- Place them in the fridge. While you make the caramel.
- To make the caramel, mix the almond butter and maple syrup in a small blender.
- Spoon a little caramel into each cookie
- Topped with nuts halves (indentation in the middle of each cookie).
- Place them back in the fridge for a while
- Serve and enjoy
Nutritional Information (amount per 1 cookie)
- Calories – 117
- Total Fat – 10 g
- Total Carbs – 7 g (Fiber 2 g )
- Protein – 2 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg