I love fresh homemade bread. And though I take care of my weight I prefer to make bread without yeast and grain. This is one amazing keto, low-carb, gluten-free, egg-free, and sugar-free flatbread.
Low-Carb Panfried Flatbread – Recipe
The way of preparation – easy
- Prep time – 5 minutes
- Cooking time – 20 minutes
- Passive time – 1 hour
Yields – 10 panfried flatbreads
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup flax seed flour
- 1 cup of water
- 2 tablespoons Psyllium Husk
- 2 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 spoon of salt
- 2 tablespoon olive oil + oil for frying
Instructions on how to make pan-fried flatbread
- Knead the dough just from the flour, chia seeds, salt, Psyllium, 2 tablespoon olive oil, and water. It should not be sticky, but it should be soft.
- Let the dough rest in the fridge or on the kitchen counter for up to an hour.
- Roll it into the roll and split it into 10 parts
- Make balls, and then they rolled with a rolling pin as thin as possible.
- Heat 1/2 tbsp olive oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat
- Place one flatbread in the pan, cook for around 1- 2 minutes – it should bubble up – then flip and cook the other side, pressing down if it puffs up.
- There should be a smallish golden brown spot on both sides.
- Stack the cooked bread and keep wrapped in a tea towel – the moisture helps soften the surface, making them even more pliable.
- Continue to cook with remaining pieces.
Nutritional Information (amount per 1 flatbread)
- Calories – 212
- Total Fat – 16 g
- Total Carbs – 8 g ( Fiber 7 g )
- Net Carbs – 1 g
- Protein – 7 g
- Cholesterol – 0 mg