These oatmeal cookies cover so many good fronts, they taste good and they contain healthy ingredients! These cookies are so delicious and made with ghee, they actually feel healthy. The ghee gets distributed all over the body and has a healthy effect. They make the body feel nourished, not heavy.
Gluten-Free Oatmeal Cookies – Recipe
The way of preparation – easy
- Prep time – 15 minutes
- Cooking time – 12 minutes
Yields – 30 cookies
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2/3 cup oat bran
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 2/3 cup ghee (clarified) butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/3 cups soft whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Instructions on how to make oatmeal cookies with ghee
- Turn on the oven to 375 ºF
- Cream together the ghee and coconut oil with an electric mixer.
- Add the sugar 1/2 cup at a time and continue to cream together.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla extract, and mix well.
- Now add all of the remaining ingredients at one time.
- The oats, bran, flour, baking soda, salt.
- Finally, add raisins and chocolate.
- Fully mix all of the ingredients together, pressing lightly as you are folding everything around.
- Form into cookies using a spoon or ice cream scoop and place on a sheet of parchment paper
- Bake in the well-heated oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Take the cookies out of the oven.
- Let them sit for 3 minutes before moving on cooling racks
- These cookies can be eaten when they are warm, but they are perfect after half an hour.
One more healthy oatmeal recipe