These amazing almost zero carb low-carb wraps have trace carbs per each and 1 net carb for two. They are gluten-free and require no specialty ingredients. They are perfect for keto dieters. These low carb wraps are super easy to prepare. And they, are made from regular ingredients, but what’s even better is the fact that they are almost zero carbs per each, and they are low-calorie and gluten-free.
This recipe is made from regular ingredients you can find in any store. And it is completely amazing. You should know that two wraps top out at 1g net carbs!
Made with crushed pork rinds, they are suitable and for people on Paleo diet.
Almost Zero Carb Low Carb Wraps with Pork Rinds – Recipe
The way of preparation – easy
- Prep Time – 8 minutes
- Cook Time – 20 minutes
- Total Time – 28 minutes
Yields – 12 servings
- 4 ounces plain pork rinds, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 6 large eggs
- 3/4 cup water
Instructions on how to make Almost Zero Carb Low Carb Wraps with Pork Rinds
Food Processor Method:
- Place the pork rinds in a food processor and process until they become a fine powder.
- Add the baking soda, cayenne pepper, and salt.
- Give it a little pulse to mix.
- Add the eggs and cheese and process until smooth and thick.
- Add the water and blend until all of the ingredients are completely incorporated.
- Pour into a bowl and let sit for 5 minutes.
Hand Mixer Method:
- Put the pork rinds into a large zip-lock bag and crush in batches with a rolling pin or the smooth side of a meat mallet.
- They should be completely pulverized into a powder.
- Place the pulverized pork rinds into a medium bowl and stir in the baking soda, cayenne pepper, and salt.
- In a smaller bowl, blend the cream cheese with one egg until combined and smooth.
- Carefully add one egg at the time, with constant mixing.
- Add the egg and cheese mixture to the pork rind crumbs.
- Add the water and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Let the batter sit for 5 minutes.
- Preheat a pancake griddle over medium heat.
- When IS hot, oil the griddle and then gently wipe off the excess with a paper towel.
- Using a 1/4 cup measure, pour the batter into the skillet and spread into a 5-inch circle on the back of a spoon.
- Make it as thin as possible.
- Dip the spoon in water to prevent it from sticking to the batter.
- Cook like regular pancakes.
Nutritional Informations (amount per serving)
- Calories – 122
- Total Fat – 9 g
- Total Carbs – 1 g
- Protein – 10 g
- Cholesterol – 117 mg