Use in-season quince to make this glorious caramelized quince bites. The delicious taste of caramelized quince perfectly goes with nuts. All you need is just 4 ingredients and a little time.
Caramel is essentially cooked sugar.
The low carb caramel made with erythritol is possible. The flavor, it turns out comes mostly from the butter and how golden brown you let it turn. The deeper brown, the richer the flavor of the caramel. Careful, though, don’t let it get too brown, it’ll taste a little burned.
Low-Carb Caramelized Quince Bites – Recipe
The Way of preparation – easy
- Total time – 20 minutes
Yields – 20 mini Kouglof one-bite cakes
- 1 cup erythritol
- 2 tablespoon water
- 1 quince (grated)
- 2 tablespoon butter (melted)
- 1/2 cup Pecan nuts (chopped)
Instructions on how to make caramelized quince bites
- Place 1 cup erythritol (or sugar) in a large saucepan
- Stir constantly until becoming golden brown
- Add 2 tablespoon water and bring to the boil.
- Add 2 tablespoons butter and 1/2 cup nuts (chopped)
- Cook for 5 minutes or until syrup thickens
- Add quince (grated)
- Stir constantly for 10 more minutes
- Pour batter into silicon molds
- Set aside to cool
Nutritional Information (amount per one-bite)
- Calories – 32
- Total Fat – 3 g
- Total Carbs – 1 g
- Protein – 0 g
- Cholesterol 3 mg