This is perfect classic oatmeal drop cookie that’s doubly satisfying. Chocolate lovers will love the chocolate, and whole-grain seekers will appreciate the natural oats.
Healthy Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies – Recipe
The way of preparation – easy
- Prep time – 20 minutes
- Cooking time – 10 minutes
Yields – 48 cookies
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 1/2 cups of oat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips or grated chocolate
Instructions on how to make Oatmeal Cookies
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- In a large bowl, stir brown sugar and butter until blended. Stir in vanilla and egg until light and fluffy.
- Add milk and stir.
- Stir in oats, flour, and baking soda.
- Fold in chocolate chips or grated chocolate.
- Using an ice cream scoop, drop the cookies onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool slightly.
- Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Oats contain both soluble and insoluble fiber. Soluble fibers form a viscous gel that helps to lower cholesterol and stabilize blood glucose levels.
Nutritional Information (Amount per 1 cookie)
- Calories – 123
- Total Fat – 6 g (Saturated Fat 3 g, Monounsaturated Fat 1 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g, Trans Fat 0 g)
- Total Carbs – 17 g (Fiber 1 g, Sugar 9 g )
- Protein – 2 g
- Cholesterol – 18 mg
- Sodium – 59 mg
- Potassium – 14 mg