This Paleo beignet is a twist on a classic uses much healthier ingredients, and it’s even gluten-free.
The way of preparation – easy
- Prep time – 15 minutes
- Total time – 1 hour and 15 minutes
Yields – 18 beignets
Paleo Beignet Recipe
- ¼ teaspoon active dry yeast
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1½ cup almond flour
- 1 cup coconut flour
- ½ cup tapioca flour
- 1 egg
- ½ cup room temperature water
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup evaporated coconut milk
- 1½ tablespoons coconut oil
- Coconut oil, for frying
Instructions on how to make Gluten-Free Paleo Beignet
- In a bowl, mix together water, yeast, and coconut sugar. Let stand for about 8 minutes.
- In a second bowl, whisk egg, evaporated milk and salt.
- Fold in yeast mixture.
- Add ½ the amount of flour and mix.
- Add coconut oil, remaining flour and cinnamon.
- Knead with hands to ensure all ingredients are mixed well.
- Mold dough into a large ball and cover bowl with a towel. Let stand for at least 1–2 hours.
- Heat oil in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Form dough tightly into 1–2 inch balls.
- Fry dough balls for 3–4 minutes on each side or until golden-brown.
- Cool on a paper towel and serve with powdered sugar substitute.
Nutritional Informations (amount per serving)
- Calories – 133
- Toal Fat – 5 g
- Total Carbs – 17 g (Fiber 3 g, Sugar 7 g )
- Protein – 4 g
- 10.7 milligrams sodium
- 1.2 milligrams iron (6.7 percent DV)
- 18 milligrams calcium (1.8 percent DV)