When you switch to a ketogenic diet, for most people it is very hard to give up carbs. The most difficult is to give up bread and pasta. This low-carb super seed bread recipe makes the switch much easier.
Low-Carb Super Seed Bread – Recipe
The way of preparation – easy
- Prep time – 10 minutes
- Cooking time – 40 minutes
Yields – 12 slices / 6 servings
- 1/2 Cup Butter (room temp)
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut Oil (room temp)
- 7 Eggs
- 1/4 Cup Sunflower Seeds
- 2 Tablespoons Chia Seeds
- 1 Teaspoon baking powder
- 2 Cups Almond Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Xanthan gum
- pinch of salt
Instructions on how to make low-carb super seed bread
- Preheat oven to 350F (160C)
- Put the eggs into a bowl and beat for 1 – 2 mins on high.
- add the Xanthan gum and continue beating.
- Fold in coconut oil and melted butter, and continue beating.
- Add remaining ingredients except for sunflower seeds.
- Will become quite thick.
- Scrape into a loaf pan lined with baking paper.
- Place sunflower seeds on top.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Serving is 2 Slices.
Nutritional Informations (amount per serving)
Yields – 6 servings
- Calories – 369
- TotalFat – 34 g
- Total Carbs – 5 g
- Net Carbs 2 g
- Protein – 12 g