Most chips sold in supermarkets are made from either potatoes or flour, which are obviously high in carbs. But this one is made with flaxseed meal and it is perfect Keto chips.
Flaxseed Keto Chips – Recipe
The way of preparation – easy
- Prep time – 10 minutes
- Cooking time – 15 minutes
Yields – 3 dozen
- 1 cup gold flaxseed meal
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 tablespoons flax seeds
- 2 teaspoons chili powder mix (Cayenne, Paprika, Chilli)
- ½ cup Water
Instructions on how to make a Keto Chips
- In a bowl, mix ground flax meal and seasonings well.
- Add water and mix till combined with a spatula.
- Cover and set the dough aside for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Once the dough is ready, roll it out between 2 parchment papers as thin as you like.
- Gently pull apart parchment paper from each side of the rolled dough onto the other.
- Place the rolled dough with parchment paper onto a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with flaxseeds.
- Cut with a pizza cutter into cracker sized pieces.
- Bake chips for 10-15 minutes
- Baking times will vary according to thickness.
- Once chips are baked, turn off the oven, remove and break the crackers.
- Spread the crackers on the baking tray and return to the oven for another 10 minutes with the oven door slightly opened.
- Allow crackers to cool completely before serving.
Nutrition Informations (amount per serving)
Serving size /8 pieces
- Calories – 124 kcal
- Total Fat – 9 g
- Total Carbs – 7 g (Fiber 6 g)
- Net Carbs – 1 g
- Protein – 4 g