For spinach can be said that he is the king of vegetables. In 100 grams of spinach has as many as 1,400 milligrams of mineral substances. That’s why he is the right choice throughout the year for healthy blood vessels and heart, good blood count, and cleansing the body. Today we present you a Paleo, Low-Carb recipe for spinach casserole with cheese.
Spinach Casserole with Cheese – Recipe
The way of preparation – easy
Yields – 4 serving
- Total time – 40 minutes
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 young onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup of grated cheese
- Salt, pepper
For the dressing
- 1.5 oz butter
- 1 tablespoon of almond flour
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 1.5 oz Mozzarella cheese
Instructions how to make spinach casserole with cheese
- Cook the spinach in salted water, drain well and finely chop.
- Cut both onions, fry in oil and mix with spinach
- Beat the eggs and add a mixture of spinach and onions.
- Season with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Pour the spinach into a small baking dish and sprinkle with the grated cheese.
- Heat the butter, and add a spoon of flour,
- fry briefly, and with continuous stirring, pour milk.
- Cook, until it becomes, thickens.
- Add cheese (grated or cut into cubes)
- stir well
- Pour over the spinach and bake in the oven
- Bake in a preheated oven at 400 F about 20 minutes
- Optional additions – eggs
- Serve as a warm appetizer or as a side dish with chicken. Your choice.
- Serve and enjoy
Nutritional Information (amount per serving)
- Calories – 206 kcal
- Protein – 11.7g
- Carbs – 6.25 g ( Fiber 1 g, Sugar 3g)
- Fat – 14 g
- Weight Watchers – 5 Points Plus