There is something of Scheherazade and her tales from a Thousand and One Arabian Nights in this cake recipe. This no-bake Scheherazade cake will become your favorite, believe me.
Scheherazade Cake – Recipe
The way of preparation – easy
- Prep time – 30 minutes
Yields – 40 servings
- 600 grams Double Colour Petit Beurre Biscuits
- 1.5 liters caramel pudding ( prepared in advance, cooled down, if possible)
- 1 cup / 225 grams butter soften at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar powder
- 600 grams whipped cream
Instructions on how to make Scheherazade Cake
- Prepare the pudding a day ahead, if possible. Use your favorite brand or make it from scratch at home. You will need to get about 1500ml
- The following day, whisk together the powdered sugar with butter until light and fluffy.
- Now add a few spoons of pudding in the bowl with butter and whisk until smooth.
- Add butter and mix again. Repeat until you have no pudding and butter left and the pudding filling is smooth.
- Note: It is important that butter and pudding have the same temperature, otherwise you might end up with curdled filling.
- Line a sheet or cake plate with tin foil
- Cover the bottom of the tin with Turkish biscuits.
- Cover with pudding.
- Spread around evenly.
- Cover with whipped cream
- Line biscuits and cover with pudding and cream again.
- Repeat 4 times, until you have no pudding left.
- Make sure the pudding layer is also the top layer.
- Top with whipped cream
- Store in the fridge before serving.
Check this amazing recipe